Parks in Sedona
Posse Grounds Park
Posse Grounds Park (78.63 acres), located at 525 Posse Ground Road just south of West Sedona School, is Sedona's first park.
Historically, this area was used as a staging ground for the Sheriff's Posse. Today the park offers several amenities to the community. There are ten covered and landscaped ramadas that can be reserved for parties and special events or just used as a place to sit and enjoy lunch. Adjacent to the ramada area is a large playground for kids. Additionally, the park offers:
- two softball fields (lights available)
- a multi-use grass field
- two tennis courts (lights available). One tennis court is stripped with four pickleball courts. The tennis net is always up and the pickleball nets can be made available to users. sand volleyball court
- basketball court (lights available)
- Dog Park
- Skate Park
- Teen Center
Sunset Park (7.46 acres), Sedona's newest park, is located at 655 Sunset Drive in West Sedona. It is currently closed for the winter but will re open in May. The park features two play areas, including a shaded play area for small children. The park offers:
- Splash Park- water features
- Two tennis courts
- Basketball court/Pickle Ball court
- 1/10 mile “Lollipop Trail” for the nature lover, which connects to the Coconino National Forest.
- A large grassy field just right for playing Frisbee or just soaking up the Arizona sun.
These are Sedona's two largest parks and they offer the most amenities. Grab your friends and family and come play in some of the best parks of Sedona this Spring and Summer! Your sure to have a great time. It's a "be there or be square type thing"....the kind of experience where if you miss out on the land of the red, you're sure to be green with envy!
Want more on Sedona? Stay tuned to our blog for much more than Sedona real estate.